Adding these to your diet may keep you happier and healthier all season long.
When the weather gets colder, it makes sense that we crave a warm bowl of chili or soup instead of a cold salad—but it’s not just because these foods make us feel cozier. Our bodies are telling us what we need to eat in the winter, when there’s less sun exposure, the air gets colder and drier, and we’re more prone to getting sick.Eating particular types of foods, can help us stay energized and healthy through the winter.
1) Complex Carbohydrates: Provide immediate Energy, help aid Digestion, optimal Brain function, reduce Nervousness and anxiety, optimal Metabolism.
- Green vegetables.
- Whole grains and foods made from them, such as oatmeal, pasta, and whole-grain breads.
- Starchy vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, and pumpkin.
- Beans, lentils, and peas.
2) Vitamin D Foods: Boosting the immune system, reduce your likelihood of developing the flu.(Fights Diseases)
- Mushrooms, Fortified Cereals (Whole Grain Total)
- Dairy Products, Dairy Alternatives (Soy milk, Almond Milk, Chocolate Almond Milk, Rice Drink )
- Cod Liver Oil, Oily Fish, Tofu, Fatty Fish, Caviar, Eggs.
3) Omega-3 Fats: stabilize mood swings, moisturizer skin, cut the risk of death from Cardiovascular disease, lower in those who suffer from depression (omega-3 can play a role in brain chemistry)
- Flax seed Oil, Canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil.
- Chia Seeds, Flax seeds, Sesame Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds.
- Fish Roe, Cured & Canned Fish, Salmon, Oily Fish, Tuna, Swordfish.
- Seafood (Oysters, Squid, Clams)
- Walnuts, Pecans, Pistachios.
- Soybeans, Spinach
4) In-Season Produce: It’s especially important to be eating with the seasons, “Winter foods contain natural immune-boosting nutrients,” which is important during cold and flu season.
- Winter Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Leafy Greens
- Pears, Apples, and Citrus—all of which contain vitamins B and C and magnesium.
- Pomegranate seeds, another winter favorite, are also good for your heart.
Look for seasonal produce
Stick with produce that is in season, as much as possible. The following fruits and vegetables are abundant and fresh during the winter months:
Top Winter Fruits and Vegetables Available in India
|sesame seeds||Green Peas, Beans|
Enjoy you winter and stay healthy and active….:-)
Please leave your valuable suggestions and opinions. Happy Blogging. 🙂
Thanks for everything. 🙂
With lots of love.